Job at Wrist
Purchase Manager - Rotterdam
Wrist Ship Supply, a world leader in the field of procuring and delivering supply to the maritime industry is looking for a Purchase Manager to join our busy ship supply division in Rotterdam, Holland.
The successful candidate will have prior experience in a procurement role, preferably in the maritime industry. You are motivated by getting the customers’ needs fulfilled by procuring the right quality and quantity for the right price, because you know your local and global sourcing network.
We expect you to be the key player in local vendor contact and negotiation, creating value through competitive order fulfillment and error-free deliveries of goods.
In this role you will be responsible for three teams of 6-9 purchasers, each team headed by a team leader.
Your primary responsibilities in this role will be:
- Dividing the tasks within the teams obtaining quotes for non-stock goods and ensure timely follow up
- Coach and develop procurement competencies in the team members
- Promote efficient cooperation with other departments
- Manage the invoice approval process, ensuring timely vendor payments
- You also have regular contact with the most important suppliers
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Procurement or Supply Chain Management or similar
- At least 5-7 years of purchasing experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a management position
- Ship supply background would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Analytical, hands-on, pragmatic, result-oriented, coaching
- Excellent knowledge of the English language
- Organized and able to work with deadlines and perform under time pressure
Apply for the job:
For more information, please contact Melanie Doumenis on tel. +31 1 0283 2420.
We look forward to receiving your application and curriculum vitae - please label with ‘Purchase Manager' and send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 September 2019.