Job at Wrist
Logistics Manager - Houston
Wrist is seeking an experienced logistics manager to join our team in Houston
In the role as the Logistics Manager, you are responsible for the operational planning, scheduling and final mile delivery to ensure Customer Satisfaction to the vessels we supply, with a focus on ensuring we meet the customers’ expectations in timeliness and professionalism and we provide a world class customer experience.
With reference to our Branch Manager, you will become part of a strong team. The position is based in Houston, Texas.
Essential duties & Key responsibilities:
- Oversee the daily logistics goals for Operations and Dispatch through the effective implementation and usage of the Day Plan.
- Manage the overall processes of the pick-up and delivery schedule, driver routing and documentation.
- Ensure Safety is always reinforced as the number 1 priority and that Safety Briefings are conducted daily.
- Participate as one of the core members of the HACCP team as it relates to pick-up, transportation, and delivery of consumable goods and protecting a Quality Food Chain.
- Outline the most efficient way to execute the Day Plan and collaborate with external parties to ensure the daily plan is efficient and executable.
- Ensure OT is managed daily and budget expectations are understood and adhered to at all times.
- Ensure the proper Preventive Maintenance schedules are followed on all equipment and Driver Expectations are clearly understood.
- Manage the overall process on how staff creates, collects, and turns in all documentation with a focus on accuracy and timeliness.
- Ensure Supervisors are tracking and meeting department KPIs by conducting daily/weekly huddles as required.
- Outline the expectations for providing timely and accurate communication both internally and externally.
- Establish metrics for each functional team that aids in meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Support the Operational Excellence initiatives and lead the Change Management process to ensure an effective and sustainable Operating Model. Lead the overall DOT compliance program for the branch.
- Ensure proper training is completed by all Staff members, to include HAZMAT, Material Handling Equipment, as required, and HACCP.
- Lead training, hiring, career development, and enrichment of all department Supervisors.
- Meet with team Supervisors to ensure staff is being utilized in the most efficient ways.
- Support simplification and standardization of processes to accelerate and enhance shipping and transportation efficiencies.
Qualifications & requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Logistics, or a related area is preferred.
- Five to seven years of experience in Logistics and Supply Chain; or
- An equivalent combination of education and experience.
Apply for the job:
If you are interested, please send your application and CV marked ‘Logistics Manager' to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 2, 2020. Feel free to contact Danielle Kotlajich on email@example.com for more details.
Visit wrist.com or our LinkedIn profile for further information.
About Wrist Ship Supply
Wrist Ship Supply is the world’s leading ship and offshore supplier of provisions and stores with a market share of around 9%. Wrist offers a global 24/7 service, including handling of owners’ goods, shipping, airfreight and related marine services that meet the demands of international organisations as well as local businesses
From offices around the globe all Wrist staff takes pride in making it easy for customers to receive their supplies – where and when requested – efficiently and at the best possible price. Wrist’s mission is to provide expert care – making our customers’ life at sea better.
Since 2007, the majority shareholder in Wrist has been Altor Fund II.