Job at Wrist
The LEAN specialist shall support the business in implementing effective operational controls, standardized operating procedures and document business systems.
Wrist is the world's largest ship supplier and coordinates global activities through regional centers in Europe, Asia, Middle East and North America. Our 30 operations and more than 300 partnerships with local suppliers span the world's sea-lanes and are founded on meeting the demands of all ship owners and operators and the offshore oil & gas market.
Wrist has adapted the LEAN continuous improvement principles and work methodology, and the LEAN specialist shall support the business in implementing effective operational controls, standardized operating procedures and document business systems enhancements necessary to uphold financial strength, quality of delivery and operational efficiency.
The position reports to the Group CFO, and will be part of the HQ support function for Operational Excellence. The position is based in Aalborg, Denmark, or alternatively in Rotterdam, Holland.
Your primary responsibilities in this role will be
- Support the Branch Network in creating long term activity roadmaps and Lean transformation projects improving the overall Lean Maturity
- Drive and improve results by leveraging lean tools, consulting skills, and change management process and take primary responsibility for implementation of Lean initiatives
- Develop and facilitate internal on-going Lean training, practicing the Lean tool box and methodology
- Challenge and support Regional and Branch management to drive a culture of high performance and continuous improvement
- Provide guidance and coaching to leaders in the development of the Lean mindset, and the related methods and tools such as PMC, 5S, PDCA, 8Waste, VSM and DMAIC projects, designed to improve quality of operations and reduce cost to serve
- Responsible for development of local Lean experts, supervisors, operators and managers
- Act as the subject matter expert to provide guidance and support to drive Kaizen continuous improvement and step change projects throughout the Branch network.
We are looking for a person with the below skill set:
- Master level education within business, operations, engineering or similar disciplines
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt accreditation
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in practicing Lean methodology and tools, preferable in a service or distribution industry setting
- Possessing solid commercial awareness and practical understanding of organizational dynamics
- Significant practical experience with supporting major operational excellence initiatives
- Operational Excellence mindset
- Experience in working across different geographies and cultures a definite plus
- High proficiency in English, written, spoken and understanding.
What we offer:
We offer a positive and international work environment with focus on delivering an ambitious strategy, immersed in Operational Excellence. You will be surrounded with highly professional colleagues in the Head Office and the global network.
Apply for the job:
If you are interested, please send your application and CV marked ‘LEAN Specialist’ to email@example.com no later than 07-12-2018. Feel free to contact Anders Skipper on +45 9931 8177 for more details.
Visit www.wrist.com or our LinkedIn profile for further information.