Job at Wrist
Vessel Account Manager – Garrets UK
Garrets International (UK branch), is looking for a Vessel Account Manager with focus on provisions for the Operations Department.
Garrets International is part of Wrist Ship Supply. Wrist Ship Supply, a world leader in the field of procuring and delivering supply to the maritime industry and a key player within this field.
Are you driven by a career in a global organization, where you reach every corner of the world? Do you take pride in having responsibility and make a difference? As a Vessel Account Manager, you are responsible for the order handling, coordination of delivery and budget management for an assigned number of vessels.
For provisions, you will become part of a dynamic team, which is jointly responsible and works closely together to ensure deliveries of e.g. fresh and dry provisions to our customers’ vessels. The position is located in Romford Essex.
- Maintain continuous contact with assigned fleets to ensure effective coordination between budget and actuals
- Guide vessels to manage budget effectively, e.g. through selected ports of delivery and costs of provision
- Arranging purchase of provision and ensure timely, cost effective delivery
- Follow up on all orders, post-delivery and handle claims, promptly login and resolve all complaints as per Garrets standard
- As a Vessel Account Manager weekend cover will be part of the role.
In order to achieve success, we expect that you:
- have a minimum 2 years’ experience with order handling/processing and business-to-business customer contact. Work experience from the food industry would be an advantage
- have solid work-related experience in ERP system, MS Office and at least an intermediate level user of Excel
- have an excellent command of English, both written and spoken. Other languages are an advantage
- are a sharp negotiator and have learnt how to drive a good deal
- are an effective team player, willing to share workload and exhibit flexibility when things are moving fast
- can work under time pressure - setting priorities without losing overview
- work well without direct supervision, and still meet deadlines, and the required quality and quantity standards.
You can look forward to:
- A flexible, informal working environment in a company with global presence
- Being part of a professional team that helps its members to achieve success together and with a high focus on service
- A job that provides a professional and personal challenge in which you have a great opportunity to develop your professional skillset
- A salary that corresponds with your qualifications and results
- An attractive working environment and staff benefits.
Apply for the job:
Please label your application “Vessel Account Manager Provisions Garrets International Limited” and send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this position no later than 30 June 2017.
Queries regarding the position is addressed to Operations Director, Paul Westerman on tel.: +44 (0) 1708 740 400.
Visit www.garrets.com or our LinkedIn profile for further information.