Job at Wrist
Regional Category Manager
Wrist Ship Supply, a world leader in the field of procuring and delivering supply to the Maritime Industry, is looking for an experienced Category Manager to lead the procurement activities for the European Region with specific focus on food category-dry goods. The position will be based at the Aalborg Branch in Denmark.
Reporting to the Regional Manager for Europe, you will join a competent and highly dedicated European team. You will have a functional reporting line to our Global Procurement department. In collaboration with stakeholders across the organization, you will be responsible for optimizing Wrist’s spend in Europe within the category of dry goods, canned goods, rice, sugar and various soft drinks being the major sub categories.
Your overall responsibility is to continuously optimize and achieve contractual value and ensure minimal commercial risks for Wrist, through:
- Demand, market and supplier analysis
- Strategy and supplier development
- Close co-operation with Global Procurement team representing our regional European procurement needs
- Negotiating and entering into regional agreements (Europe)
- Contract Management
- Build and develop internal and external networks
- Cooperation with key stakeholders in identifying and carrying out selected procurement projects, mainly with local procurement staff in Spain and Holland.
- Driving and supervising the development and execution of category strategies.
- Bachelor-level within procurement, commercial, supply chain or logistics disciplines preferred or specific equivalent experience
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience with supplier management
- Experience in procurement/logistics from trading companies in the maritime industry or other international organizations is an advantage
- Product and market knowledge within food (dry goods) categories
- In-depth knowledge and experience in tender process, execution and negotiation strategies
- Project management skills, including the ability to develop and execute category projects and implement changes in close coordination and involvement with stakeholders.
- Excellent communications skills and ability to work productively across departmental and cultural barriers
- Result orientated – and focused on customer satisfactions
- Advanced data analysis
- Excellent English language skills, oral and written
- Proficient user of standard IT programs and ERP systems.
A flexible working environment in an informal and international organization. A very exciting and challenging job with plenty of scope for working independently and opportunity to develop your job content.
In order to perform the expectations to the role you have to anticipate 30-40 travel days a year, mainly in Europe.
Apply for the job
Mark your application “Regional Category Manager” and apply for the job at: email@example.com no later than 20 January 2018.