Job at Wrist
Based in Rotterdam
Wrist Ship Supply, a world leader in the field of procuring and delivering supply to the maritime industry is looking for a Purchaser to join their growing ship supply division in Rotterdam.
The successful candidate for this will have prior experience in a procurement role, preferably in the maritime industry. You are motivated by getting the customers’ needs fulfilled by procuring the right quality and quantity for the right price, because you know your local and global sourcing network.
We expect you to be the key player in vendor contact and negotiation, creating value through competitive order fulfillment and error-free deliveries of goods.
Your primary responsibilities in this role will be:
- Respond to customer requests, and obtaining quotes for non-stock goods
- Purchase goods (technical or provision) to order in accordance with existing contracts
- Thorough understanding of customer preferences, translating customer codes to Wrist codes
- In collaboration with Sales, to provide timely and complete order confirmation
- Coordinate with relevant departments to ensure all items are available for timely delivery
- Develop and maintain local vendor relationships
- Manage the invoice approval process
We are looking for a person with the below skill set:
- Negotiation skills,
- IT & business systems expertise (e.g. AX)
- Numerical adept
- Organized and able to work with deadlines and perform under time pressure
- Exhibiting high level of integrity, honesty and respect for company, customers and colleagues
- Fluency in English is a pre-requisite and the ability to converse in other languages an advantage
Your education and experience will include:
- A minimum of 2 years procurement or vendor management experience
- Minimum high school diploma, however Bachelor Degree in Business, Procurement or Supply Chain Management or similar is preferred –
- Ship supply background would be an advantage
- Familiar with business systems as an integrated part of your business day, e.g. Microsoft Office.
Apply for the job
If you are interested in applying for the position, please label your application “Purchaser – Wrist Rotterdam” and send it together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 13th 2018.